Fall is a time when life usually gets a little busier for most folks. Usually not as relaxed as the summer: School gets going, events happening, sports busy -- And this can be a time when we are tempted to skip some of the practices of our faith.
Famous Catholic Saint Francis de Sales, from the 17th c, once wrote about how we should pray every day but that when we are extremely busy, we should pray even MORE…. that we should get to Mass, read our Bible, read about the saints and think about ways to help others and to bring God’s love to others during our busy lives.
And if we do that? I predict we’ll have the best fall ever because we’ll have God guiding our decisions and actions in the midst of our busy schedules.• This fall, we will have a DISCUSSION PROGRAM using the program "THE WILD GOOSE – Discovering a Deeper Relationship with the Holy Spirit" by Fr. Dave Pivonka, followed by table discussion in small groups. "The Wild Goose" is the term the ancient Celts used for the Holy Spirit. It will be on Thursdays at 7 pm in the school hall on Thursdays, Sept 22, 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, and then November 3 with a potluck dinner. You are welcome just to show up.
• Faith Formation classes start on Sunday, September 25, and are on Sundays from 10:45-11:45 am at SPN. Online registration forms are available on stclementandstphilipneripastorate.org. Once on that site, click "FAITH" from the menu bar.
• Preparation for First Reconciliation/Confession will be on Weds and Sats at the beginning of Oct. (please click on "SACRAMENTS" at the top of the website page.)
• If your child has missed some years in Faith Formation and needs to catch up, we have classes for that: For kids in 4th grade and younger, they will meet on Sunday mornings. For kids 5th through 8th, to get ready for Confirmation in the 9th grade, they will meet on Weds beginning in Nov. Click on "FAITH" at the top of the website.
• The Men's Bible Study will be doing the Gospel of Luke. The dates will be the following: September 19 - December 19, Mon 7:30–9 pm. Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Join the women of St. Philip Neri & St Clement in a Catholic Bible Study called Walking with Purpose! / You can sign up for either Wed 9:30–11 am or 7–8 pm. Starting September 14. For more info, contact the parish office at 410.859.0571 or email Theresa at email@example.com. There are three sessions to choose from: Opening your Heart - The Starting Point / Grounded in Hope - A Study from Hebrews / Reclaiming Friendship - God's Plan for Deep Connection. Find out more at walkingwithpurpose.com.
• Abide – Join us as we read and explore the book ABIDE by Heather Khym. It begins Sun, August 14, and on the second Sunday of the month after that (September 11, etc.) from 1030a-1125am in the St John Room at SPN. Contact Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org or John at email@example.com / 410-913-8746.
Peace, Your brother in Christ,