We’ll have Stations of the Cross every Friday at 7:30pm at St. Philip Neri along with a supper at 6:30pm (free) on Fridays. And we’ll have an ENGLISH Stations of the Cross at St. Clement every Friday at 8:30am and a Spanish Stations at St. Clement every Friday at 6:30pm. But on Mar. 15th we’ll also have some great speakers at both the Spanish and English evening Stations.
And on Mar. 22nd, we’ll have speakers again and this time we will bring together the communities of St. Philip Neri and St. Clement to have bilingual Stations of the Cross and a big meal together at St. Philip Neri and then we will have a special speaker in English in one area, and a special speaker in Spanish in the other.
Mar. 11th-14th, we’ll have special area penance services each night – with many priests each night, for confessions – along with the four nights a week that we have confessions at our two parishes every week.
And on Mar. 20th at 7pm we’ll welcome the St. Luke Institute, featured often in our “Formed” material on-line, in putting on a play about the life of the very first African American priest in the United States: Fr. Augustus Tolton. Born a slave in 1854. A couple of priests who I know well, and respect told me it was a wonderful event.
We’ll also have SMALL GROUPS which you can join just during the six weeks of Lent. You can pick from one of the different groups. One group might meet on a Monday, another on a Wednesday, another on a Friday. You pick the group that works for you, and you EMAIL the leader(s) to let them you that you are coming. I THINK THIS IS A FANTASTIC WAY TO GROW IN YOUR FAITH SO PLEASE CONSIDER DOING THIS. Contacts for the different groups are below.
- Jim and Barb DeBoy. Fridays at 9:30am. First day Feb. 16th. St. Clement Meeting Room. BarbDeboy@gmail.com and 443-794-1323 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fr. Andy. Wednesdays at 7pm (except for first day, Ash Wed when will start at 7:30pm). First day Feb. 14th. Work Sacristy at SPN. email@example.com.
- Tim Feeney. Thursdays at 7pm. First day Feb. 15th. St. John Room at SPN. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leo Zerhusen. Tuesdays at 10am. First day Feb. 13th. St. John Room at SPN. email@example.com.
- Sue Willett, Theresa Sass, and Kathy Shewbridge. Mondays at 2pm. First day Feb. 12th. For women. 731 Winton Ave., Ferndale. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sarah Pfisterer. Tuesdays at 7pm. First day Feb 13. 103 Woods Ave, Ferndale. email@example.com.
- Kevin and Donna Scott. Fridays at 7:30pm. First day Feb. 16th. 410-382-9440 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Small Group Opportunities
- This group will watch the CHOSEN series on the big screen at Arundel Mills with breakfast on Saturday, Feb. 10th and Saturday, Mar. 2nd. On Friday, Mar. 8th we'll watch a movie at Arundel Mills on St. Mother Cabrini at 7pm with dinner before at 5pm. Finally, on Sat. Mar. 23rd we'll gather at Harley Kozushko's house for discussion, dinner and a firepit. Contact Harley at email@example.com.
- The parish offers a women’s Bible study called “Walking With Purpose” at different times and places. You can join a group just for Lent. Contact Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The “Men of Virtue” is a parish group of men who pray the rosary every Sat. morning at 7am via zoom. You can join the group just for Lent. Contact John at email@example.com.
- There is a group of men studying the Bible on Monday nights, 7:30pm – 9pm in the St. Matthew's Room. You can join this group just for Lent. Contact Jason firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exodus 90 is a group of men who are striving to grow closer to Christ through prayer, scripture readings, fraternity, and acts of self-denial. You can join this group just for Lent. Contact Dan at email@example.com.
God bless you and Peace!! Fr. Andy Aaron