Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We continue to make our journey through Lent. This is a time to think about praying a little more, reading the Bible a little more, reading about the saints a little more, getting to Mass, going to confession (see info on special times for confessions) and remembering to help those in need and to love our neighbor as ourself.
Let’s keep trying to grow in faith this Lent to help us to be ready to celebrate the most important days of our Church Year on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter.
- A group for those who have lost a loved one, the Bereavement Group, starts on Thurs April 13th at 7pm. This group is for ANYONE in the general community, they don’t have to be a member of either of our parishes or Catholic. Please contact Jean at email@example.com.
- There is a Bible study for parents with young kids happening on Wednesdays at 6:30pm at the home of Joey and Marigold Ernst. Please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- There is a women’s Bible study starting up on April 19th. Reclaiming Friendship Study It will be at 9:30am and will continue for 6 weeks. Please contact Teresa for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- And if you are 18-30’s, we have a good young adult group. They always meet up after the monthly youth and young adult Mass (next Mass will be 5pm Sunday on April 16th) but they meet other times as well. Please contact Catherine about the group at email@example.com.
- All the Fridays in Lent at St Philip Neri/St Clement Pastorate we will have:
At St. Clement, Lansdowne, Mass at 8am followed by Stations of the Cross at 8:30am all in English.
At St. Philip Neri, Mass at 6pm (please note the different time -- NOT 6:30pm) and a soup and mac and cheese supper at 6:30pm (this meal is free though we take donations) and Stations of the Cross at 7:30pm. All are invited.
- Irish tenor Mark Forrest will be visiting our parish for two events on Friday March 31st: At 9am in the Church for a concert of beautiful music and witness to lift up our faith this Lent and at 7:30pm for a Holy Hour with, again, beautiful music and witness. The evening event will feature a love offering. All are invited. Mr. Forrest is well known for his ministry and witness. Stations of the Cross on Friday March 31st at St Philip Neri will be at 5:30pm.
- We are looking to have GREETERS at ALL THE DOORS at EVERY MASS at St. Philip Neri. Please contact Laura about helping at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are all sorts of issues out there right now of concern to Catholics in our state. Please get involved in advocating through signing up for email alerts at www.mdcatholic.org and then clicking on “take action” when you get to their home page. They make it very easy to contact your own elected representatives about important issues.
- St. Clement Saturdays at 3:30p – 4pm IN ENGLISH and 5-5:30pm in SPANISH.
- St. Philip Neri Saturdays 3:30p-5pm IN ENGLISH
St. Clement Tues from 5:30-6:30pm SPANISH AND ENGLISH.
- St. Clement: 8:30-9:30am on Tuesday Mar 28th and Tuesday Apr 4th in ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
- St. Philip Neri: All Wednesdays 5:30-6:30p in ENGLISH AND SPANISH. All Fridays 5-6pm IN ENGLISH.
- WE WILL HAVE FOUR PENANCE SERVICES WITH SEVERAL PRIESTS EACH NIGHT
- 5-7pm Monday March 27th at St. Bernadette in Severn,
- 5-7pm Tuesday March 28th at St Clement, (MASS AT 7pm that night instead of 6:30pm.)
- 5-7pm Wednesday March 29th at Christ the King,
- 5-7pm on Thursday March 30th at St. Philip Neri